The Biondi Santi winery, firmly guided for decades by Franco Biondi Santi, has become a symbol of Montalcino, and today, under the guidance of his son Jacopo, it represents the undisputed reference point for all Brunello enthusiasts. A centuries-old history, made up of passion, competence and love for the territory, which began in the mid-19th century thanks to the work and passion of Clemente Santi, a man of letters and great landowner: in fact, he owns the Tenuta Il Greppo. Biondi Santi wines obtained their first important acknowledgments at the Universal Exposition in Paris in 1867, establishing themselves on the international wine scene for their multifaceted elegance. However, it was the historic vintage of 1888 that produced what we know today as Brunello di Montalcino. Many years have passed since then and the winery, always led by the Biondi Santi family, has been the subject of growing success, becoming a great name for Brunello di Montalcino. The fulcrum of the Biondi Santi winery coincides with the historic Tenuta Il Greppo: a total of 43 hectares of which 25 are populated by Sangiovese vineyards, where there are very old plants dating back even to 1930: the Greppo vineyard is in fact used for the splendid Reserve. We are located at an altitude between 350 and 570 meters, in ideal conditions for the production of Brunello. Long aging in barrels and extraordinary gustatory freshness are the cornerstones of the tradition of the family, symbol of Brunello. In fact, here are born those great wines that have written (and continue to write) the wonderful wine history of Montalcino and the world.