The Champagne Taittinger origins date back to 1734 when the original house was founded by Jacques Fourneaux. The Taittinger link was established in 1931 when Pierre Taittinger, the founder of today’s company acquired the House. Pierre spent time in the Champagne region when serving in the 1st world war as a young cavalry officer. Stationed at the Château de la Marquetterie, he fell in love with this remarkable property and its vineyards and eventually purchased the company. Today, the Reims based House is headed up by Pierre’s great grandchildren Vitalie and Clovis, both of whom are actively involved in the day to day running of this thriving family Champagne House. Taittinger’s home is situated above miles of chalk tunnels and cellars. These 4th century UNESCO listed cellars once belonged to the Benedictine monks of the abbey of St Nicaise and are perfect for the slow ageing process required for great Champagne. Taittinger owns 288 hectares of vineyards in the best localities of Champagne making it the third largest domaine owner in the region. The most famous of these are the vineyards surrounding Château de la Marquetterie and parcels in the prestigious Côte des Blancs.
No products were found matching your selection.