The Franciacorta DOCG Satèn Bellavista is the most delicate and elegant sparkling wine of the winery, made only in the best years from 100% Chardonnay grapes from higher altitude vineyards. After careful selection, the grapes were fermented by parcel with 40% being fermented in small white oak barrels and the remaining 60% in stainless-steel vats. The base wine was then blended to obtain the best expression for the Satén. A second fermentation started in the bottle after addition of yeasts and sugar. At the end of the fermentation the wine was kept on lees for three and half years, with daily manual riddling before disgorging and dosage. Once assembled, the cuvée spent four more years in the cellar before release.
Bellavista’s vineyards are located in some of the best sites in Franciacorta. Across the estate, there are as many as 64 different types of soil, representing all six vineyard terrains of Franciacorta. This diversity produces fruit with character and great expressive potential. For `Satèn`, fruit is sourced from the older south-facing, higher altitude vineyards on the hillsides of the commune of Erbusco. Vines are trained using the Guyot system and are 25 years old on average, planted at a density of 5000 vines per hectare.