Free shipping on orders over £120

Use code “FIRSTBUY” for a 5% discount (except sales)

Premium delivery to your doorstep

Use code “FIRSTBUY” for a 5% discount (excl. sales)

// Get the button: // When the user scrolls down 20px from the top of the document, show the button // When the user clicks on the button, scroll to the top of the document document.body.scrollTop = 0; // For Safari document.documentElement.scrollTop = 0; // For Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera

Bonarda Clásica “Colonia Las Liebres” Mendoza 2020 – Altos Las Hormigas

Full Body Red

Deep ruby in colour, aromas of freshly picked black cherries and blueberries are complemented by hints of mint, dried herbs and black olives. The palate has a rich, round mouthfeel and is accompanied by expressive fruit flavours, well-balanced acidity and a delicate finish.

Availability: 34 in stock


Availability: 34 in stock

Characteristics & Details


Grape Variety







Wine Region


About this wine

The Bonarda Clásica “Colonia Las Liebres” Mendoza Altos Las Hormigas, was vinified in 300 hectolitre stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature for a duration of ten days, with daily rack and return to achieve a gentle extraction of the precious berry aromas. The wine is aged in concrete tanks, and received no oak treatment, in order to preserve freshness and represent a pure expression of the Bonarda grape. 90% of the grapes are sourced from high-trellised vineyards in Luján de Cuyo, which sit at 800 metres above sea level, which gives the wine its fruit-forward character. The remaining 10% come from Jardín Altamira vineyard in the Uco Valley, at 1200 meters elevation. The vineyards in Mendoza have been selected for their soil and impeccable drainage, which avoids excess vigour and green characteristics. The vineyards in Luján de Cuyo are made up of 100% alluvial soil, which are formed from old river beds and have consistent layering and high quality profiles. Yields are ten tonnes per hectare. The Altos Las Hormigas Estate born when the two friends and business partners Alberto Antonini and Antonio Morescalchi were impressed by Mendoza’s vineyards on their first visit in 1995 where they purchased 206 hectares (530 acres) in the rural township of Lujan de Cuyo. Alberto and Antonio work very closely with Pedro Parra (widely regarded as the South American expert on soil and vineyard mapping) in order to identify the best locations to grow their grapes. Their never-ending experimentation and desire to produce the best wines that Argentina can offer, has made Altos Las Hormigas a Malbec specialist, with a reputation as one of the country’s top producers of this variety.

What our customers say

{{ reviewsTotal }}{{ options.labels.singularReviewCountLabel }}
{{ reviewsTotal }}{{ options.labels.pluralReviewCountLabel }}
{{ options.labels.newReviewButton }}
{{ userData.canReview.message }}

We also recommend

Sign up for our weekly newsletter and get exclusive offers and the latest news